Thursday, June 24, 2010

Super Hero Cape

A few days ago I asked DJ if he would like a cape to wear. The conversation went as follows...

Mommy: "Would you like it if Mommy made you a cape?"
DJ: "Like Super Why?"
Mommy: "Yeah, just like Super Why."
DJ: "Yeah Mommy! Yeah!"

So, yesterday I found a tutorial online showing how to make a child's cape. I then made a special trip to the craft store to pick up materials to make the cape. I then came home and spent the very little time I had to myself all day (Eli is teething, need I say more?) making the cape as well as a little mask for him to wear over his eyes (out of felt and elastic).

I was so excited when I went to bed last night, thinking how very pleased DJ would be this morning when he got to play with his new cape and mask. However, when he woke up this morning he wanted nothing to do with the cape and would not even agree to try it on for a picture. So long story short, I'm crossing my fingers that one day my efforts will be appreciated. Or that he'll at least wear the cape for a few minutes.

P.S. I will post a picture of the cape and mask when I eventually get DJ to wear them (or maybe when I have time to drape them over something and snap a few photo's).

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Emily
    It's 3:30am and I'm bouncing a baby that is refusing to sleep. Thought I'd catch up on your blog. I feel this way at most meal times. I spend all sorts of time prepping a customized meal and then Claire doesn't eat it.

    ReplyDelete